Wondering where to see the best fireworks this 4th of July 2012 in Southern California? Well, you’ve arrived at the right place.
I’ve compiled a list of the best free firework shows in Orange County and Los Angeles County.
In most cases the fireworks shows are free for spectators, but in a few places there may be a small charge, I’ll indicate that in the description.
Remember, this year 4th of July is mid-week Wednesday so expect lots of people to stay local to view fireworks.
Finding a place near you should be easy with the list below.
Best 4th of July fireworks shows in Orange County
- Huntington Beach – 108th Annual 4th Of July Parade at 10am. Fireworks at 9pm
- Anaheim Hills – Peralta Park – Parade 3pm, Fireworks 9pm
- Dana Point – Doheny State Beach – Fireworks Show – 9pm
- Fullerton – Fullerton High School Stadium – Fireworks Show 9 pm
- La Habra – La Habra High School Stadium – 4th Of July Celebration –Fireworks – 9pm
- Tustin – Tustin High School Stadium – Fireworks at 9pm
Best 4th of July fireworks in Los Angeles County
- Long Beach Queen Mary – 4th of July Fireworks 9 pm
- Pasadena Rose Bowl – See link for full details, this is a paid event.
- Alhambra – Almansor Park – 4th Of July Fireworks at 9pm
- Chino Hills – Big League Dreams Sports Park – 4th Of July Picnic – 11am to 2pm
- Diamond Bar – Lorbeer Middle School – 5 pm to 9 pm Fireworks at 9pm
- Los Angeles – Memorial Coliseum – 4th Of July Fireworks – 9 pm
- Marina del Rey – Fireworks at 9 pm
- Monterey Park – Barnes Park – 4th of July Celebration – Fireworks at 9pm
- Lakeview Terrace Hansen Dam – Fireworks at 8:30 pm.
- Santa Fe Springs – Los Nietos Park – Fireworks – 9pm
- Stevenson Ranch & Castaic Lake – See link for more info
Note that these are not all of the firework shows, there are a few others but those charge a fee and are not in an area that can be viewed easily from a “free” areas. Some like the Queen Mary fireworks show, although a paid event if viewed from the Queen Mary area, is easily veiwable from many parts of the Long Beach harbor.
Have a safe and fun 4th of July!