Here is a 2011 list of Halloween events in Orange County and surrounding areas. Be sure to visit our sister site, LAGreatDeals.com, for a complete list of all 2011 Halloween Haunted Houses and Mazes in Los Angeles and surrounding counties.
Seems every year Halloween events are more and more popular. Although we still get kids on Halloween trick or treating at our doors, what older kids and teens look forward to are the haunted houses and mazes that so many amusement parks create.
So below I’ve created a list of places having Halloween haunted houses or mazes. Some are free others charge a fee (if coupons are available I’ve included them, see links).
2011 Halloween Haunted Houses and Mazes in Orange County:
- Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt. This is the popular one of all the Halloween attractions with several scare zones, shows and multiple mazes. Teens and young adults especially look forward to this event every year. For discount coupons see a post or LAGreatDeals.com sister site posted on Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt coupons.
- Disneyland – Halloween Time. Every Halloween season we love how Disney transforms a few rides into “haunted” rides, this year is no different. But one of the best parts and that kids look forward too is the special Mickey’s Halloween Party at night. Kids dress up along with their parents and participate a night full of special treats. Runs through October 31. Only on select dates and times, prices start at $49. See link for full details.
- Brick-or-Treat at Legoland. This one is great for the little ones. Costume contests, treats and shows. Called “Party Nights”, taking place on the weekends. Admission cost to Brick-or-Treat at Legoland starts at $25.
- Fullerton Arboretum Haunted Garden. How about a tour of the Fullerton Arboretum at night! Sounds like a great time…BOO! Pre-paid tickets can be purchased at $6 for kids. Full details at the website.
- Bowers Museum – Halloween Celebration at Kidseum. Great for little kids if you want a simple day out on Halloween weekend. October 30th 1:30-3:30pm. Art projects and costume contests. Recommended ages 2-8.
- Anaheim Fall Festival & Halloween Parade. The 75th annul event takes place on Saturday October 29th, 2011. Fall festival along with a Halloween parade. See site for full details.
- The Haunting – Anaheim. They will not reveal the address until one week prior to Halloween…sounds scary to me! Open Halloween night. General admission is free. Be sure to check their website for address as the event nears.
- Legend of Boot Hill. Located in Irvine, this yard display is free to view. Location for Boot Hill is 16 Goldenrod in Irvine, Ca. Dates for event are October 21-23, 26-30 from 7pm-10pm and Halloween night 6:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Irvine Park Railroad’s Pumpkin Patch in Orange County. A family event, with a pumpkin patch, a Halloween jumper, train rides, face paintings and lots more. These activities take place all month long. See site for more details, including discount coupons for the pumpkin patch.
- The Empty Grave. This is the 7th year they have this haunted house attraction. Located at The Shops in Anaheim Garden Walk. Prices start at $13 or two admissions for $20. See link above for full dates and prices.
- Huntington Beach Halloween Fest on Main St. Monday October 31, 2011. Free event. Festivities include games, rides, petting zoo, pony rides, kids and canine costume contest, trick-or-treating, and more! Event times: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Orange County Spookfest Party. A Halloween party fundraiser for the Companion Animal Protection Society (CAPS). Takes place on October 29, 2011 – 7:30p-12:30a at Annabel 81 Restaurant, Newport Beach
$15 cash cover, costume contest for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place, 2 DJ’s playing top 40 hits and lots of fun. See link above for more info.
- Midnight Massacre OC. Friday, October 28th The Hotel Huntington Beach will turn into an Adult Playground for this Halloween Spooktacular. Four indoor party areas, VIP Lounge, sexy costume contest and more. Ages 21+. General admission starts at $35. See website for details. Time: 8pm-1:30am
Below is a cool promo video from the Fullerton Arboretum featuring the Haunted Garden: